Use a PAPA Pump to prevent and reduce Flood water damage- and reuse the Water in drought!
IMPROVE FLOOD MANAGEMENT AND PREVENTION- STORE WATER SUSTAINABLY
National Infrastructure Managers and Local Governments need to avoid the increasing damage caused by floods. However, massive, fixed protection for downstream infrastructure can be expensive (in financial and embedded carbon terms), take too long and be rapidly outmoded by changing weather patterns and continued urban development.
1) SOLUTION-Wetter Region; Increasingly weather patterns are changing even in regions with normally stable rainfall patterns. With extreme local rainfall overloading old drains and streams, serious floods can develop causing considerable damage to national infrastructure, domestic properties and businesses.
Using a new innovation, PAPA Pumps can be activated ONLY when there is flood water flowing over 'high water mark' in any watercourse.
Many 100's of PAPA Pumps can automatically start pumping potentially damaging flood water away from 'at risk' streams to storage for treatment and reuse.
This zero energy, proven pumping system can capture excess water and allow it to be used, replacing valuable mains water as well as reducing flood impacts downstream.
Dozens of these minimal maintenance, low cost Pump installations can cost effectively move millions of litres of water a day to where it can be stored or simply away from flooded areas.
In many Arid regions of the World, seasonal rains fall in remote areas and drain away as waste as there is no system to cost effectively capture this valuable resource.
With climate change-- greater intensity of this seasonal rainfall can often create flash floods which cause immense damage to property, life and agricultural productivity (by washing away valuable top soil)
2) SOLUTION- Arid Region; the same, zero energy PAPA Pump system can pump water from long distances for storage and treatment for use in drought.
Here you can see the Pump is moving flood water over 2 kilometers to where it can be stored.
100's of these pumps can operate over large distances collecting millions of litres a day, passively and sustainably thanks to the unique proven PAPA Pump system.
The PAPA pump system offers minimal maintenance with only one moving part.
Installed in remote areas, the Pump system can operate in all weathers with simple installation.
There are no complicated servicing of the system needed; the single part can be DIY replaced every 3-6 years.
Debris tolerance is another big advantage with the pump able to remain operating with up to 4mm particle size.
CALL TO ACTION; Join the PAPA PUMP Campaign to ‘Store and Reuse Water ‘
If you are a national environmental agency or Water Utility, contact PAPA Ltd for Catchment Basin wide solutions.
PAPA Ltd can answer your installation questions about installing these unique pumps to move flood water and no water when drought strikes.
- Proven, long life product and system design
- Anonymous, zero visual impact systems which operate with no noise
- Suited for large scale installations with minimal maintenance
- Can pump long distances to cover wide catchment areas
Download the Brochure or click below to see the range of water and energy related problems that can be mitigated or reduced in part through using a PAPA Pump.